新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 周五拿到Full Licence,开贴庆祝,分享经验。 (2006-3-26) JohnnyWang · 《朝花夕拾》,只要绽放过,便无愧于生命 (2008-10-14) 月亮
· 【参加活动】手机摄影大赛----墨尔本,梦想开始的地方 (2015-2-9) 小Q新视野 · 时光 Times - 手鸡乱入 II (2015-4-13) braindev
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 935|回复: 10

[澳洲资讯] 生活成本高 每周1000人逃离新南威尔士州 [复制链接]

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2008年度奖章获得者

发表于 2007-10-1 23:39 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 villa 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 villa 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

In full swing ... Clayre Gerrard, her partner Scott Macauley and their daughter, Sasha, 2, love life in Brisbane.

生活成本高  每周1000人逃离新州

10月1日消息  最新的统计数据显示,为了更容易找工作及更便宜的房子,每周大约有1000人从新南威尔士搬迁到昆士兰。

昆士兰州也对外来人口表示欢迎。

澳洲统计局上周公布的人口数据表明,截至今年三月份之前的12个月,大约有51,266人从新州搬到昆士兰。与此同时,大约有32,000个昆士兰人越过边界向南迁移。

昆士兰是目前澳大利亚发展最快的一个州,大约有一半的新增人口来自新南威尔士。去年,新州人口增加1%到680万,昆士兰增加2.3个百分点到410万。

由于澳洲北部房租,公共交通,汽油,甚至水果蔬菜,啤酒等都比新州便宜,越来越多的新南威尔士人打算向北部迁移。

本周末,昆士兰将在Sydney Showground举办展览会,展示昆士兰的工作机会及生活,吸引更多的悉尼居民去昆士兰定居,以满足那里对技术工人的需要。

去年类似的展览会给悉尼居民提供了1000多个工作机会。

展览会的组织者Robin Grundon说,悉尼人对昆士兰雇主来说是巨大的资源。悉尼的生活成本越来越高,很多人难以承担,因此不如去昆士兰寻找机会。

他说,昆士兰的医疗,教育,IT,矿业,工程,建筑,旅游,贸易等行业都有很多工作机会。

许多人搬到北部都是因为经济原因。悉尼是澳大利亚生活成本最高的城市。

尽管布里斯班房价近几年来也上升得很快,但是与悉尼相比平均房价仍低三分之一左右。

悉尼居民每月平均需要还房贷1800元左右,而布里斯班则为每月1300元左右。就房租来讲,布里斯班每周房租比悉尼便宜60元左右。
澳大利亚统计局的数据表明,布里斯班的食物价格也比悉尼便宜许多。

昆士兰大学的研究发现,悉尼居民需要赚多25%至35%的收入才能维持与布里斯班居民同样的生活水平。

一家全球著名的国际培训公司对比了布里斯班和悉尼的生活费,前者要低19%。Mercer人力资源公司以纽约生活费100为基准,悉尼为94.9,布里斯班为76.9。但在生活质量方面,悉尼排世界第九,布里斯班排在第32位。

Scott Macauley去年和伴侣Clayre Gerrard、女儿Sasha从悉尼搬到了布里斯班。

他说,这是最英明的决定。“我服役5年后离开军队,但一直住在Holsworthy Barracks”。

“在悉尼的安家费用太高。我们只能住在悉尼外郊。”

Macauley一年前去了昆州就业展会,马上就得到了布里斯班的一个工作。“这是个全职的会计工作,是给昆州卫生局做payroll,这是和我在部队时类似的工作。”

现在Scott一家三口就住在距离布里斯班市中心大约6公里的地方。“我没有遗憾了。在布里斯班的压力比悉尼小得多,社交更发达,生活比悉尼更便宜。”

但并不是所有人都留在昆州。27岁的Shane Demir来自Sutherland,他在黄金海岸待了18个月后回到了悉尼。“那里生活很好,但我只找到临时工作。我回悉尼寻找全职工作,另外也可以和家人一起生活。”

1000 people a week go north

September 30, 2007     Sydney Morning Herald

ABOUT 1000 people are moving from NSW to Queensland every week to fill jobs and live more cheaply, latest figures show.

And the Sunshine State wants more of us to join them.

New population figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) last week showed 51,266 people left NSW for Queensland in the 12 months to March. At the same time, about 32,000 Queenslanders crossed the border heading south.

Queensland is the fastest growing state in Australia, with more than half its new residents coming from NSW. While NSW's population grew 1per cent last year to 6.8million, Queensland grew 2.3per cent to 4.1million.

As well as better employment prospects, NSW residents are being enticed north by cheaper mortgage repayments, rent, public transport and petrol. Statistics show even fruit, vegetables and beer are cheaper.

Next weekend, Queensland is staging an expo at Sydney Showground - Queensland on Show Work & Play Expo - seeking Sydneysiders to help meet the growing need for skilled workers, which is being fuelled by the resources boom.

A similar jobs and lifestyle expo last year resulted in 1000 job offers being made to NSW residents. A survey at that event found three in four visitors were ready to head north.

"The suburbs of Sydney are a rich hunting ground for Queensland employers," expo organiser Robin Grundon said.

"The cost of living in Sydney continues to become less affordable so there is no better time to look at what opportunities there are right throughout Queensland," he said.

Publicity material for the expo said Queensland needs people to fill jobs in health, education, IT, mining, engineering, construction and manufacturing, as well as tourism and hospitality and general trades.

Most are moving north for financial reasons. Sydney is officially the most expensive city in Australia.

Even though housing prices in Brisbane have gone up markedly in recent years, homes in the northern capital cost, on average, a third less to buy than Sydney.

Sydney's median monthly mortgage repayments last year remained the highest of any of the capital cities at $1800 a month, compared with $1300 a month in Brisbane. Rents are cheaper in Brisbane by an average of $60 a week.

The ABS found most foods are cheaper in Brisbane. And a University of Queensland study found the average Sydneysider needs to earn at least 25 to 35per cent more than the average Brisbane resident to enjoy the same standard of living.

An international recruitment company that compared living costs around the world found Brisbane was 19per cent cheaper than Sydney. Mercer Human Resources gave New York a cost of living level of 100 - Sydney was measured at 94.9, Brisbane at 76.9.

But when rated for quality of living, Mercer ranked Sydney ninth in the world. Brisbane ranked 32nd.
Tropical life is for keeps - for some

SCOTT Macauley moved from Sydney to Brisbane with his partner Clayre Gerrard and daughter Sasha last year.

He reckons it was the best decision he ever made. "I was getting out of the army after five years and was still living at the Holsworthy Barracks," he says.

"We faced an enormous cost in setting up a home in Sydney. We could only afford the suburbs right on the outskirts. I didn't have a job lined up in civvy street so we were looking around."

Mr Macauley went to the Queensland jobs expo in Sydney 12 months ago and was almost immediately offered a job in Brisbane. "It's a full-time job doing the payroll for Queensland Health - the same sort of work I was doing in the army."

Now Scott, 32, Clayre and Sasha, 2, live just six kilometres from the centre of Brisbane. "I have no regrets. Brisbane is a lot less stressful than Sydney, it's very sociable here. It's easy to get around and it's much cheaper than Sydney.

"When we signed up at the expo… the then premier, Peter Beattie, was there and gave me a Queensland football jersey. I haven't worn it much yet but maybe after a while I'll get used to it."

But not everyone makes the move permanent. Shane Demir, 27, of Sutherland came back after 18 months on the Gold Coast. "It was great living up there, but I only got casual jobs and I came back to Sydney to find full-time work and to be with family."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/natio ... llpage#contentSwap1

:si7

[ 本帖最后由 villa 于 2007-10-9 10:09 编辑 ]
岁 月 如 歌

欢迎到我的博客澳洲新闻小屋坐坐
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2007-10-1 23:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kele 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kele 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
布里斯班也很漂亮,很好的居住地方。

发表于 2007-10-1 23:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kele 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kele 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
住墨尔本也不容易了, glenwavely 的房子都40万以上,不比悉尼便宜。

发表于 2007-10-1 23:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 西边雨 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 西边雨 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
不是说昆士兰缺水么?

[ 本帖最后由 西边雨 于 2007-10-1 23:53 编辑 ]

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2008年度奖章获得者

发表于 2007-10-9 10:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 villa 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 villa 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2007-10-9 10:05 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bulaohu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bulaohu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Very soon there will be only baby boomers living in NSW. That'll sure look like heaven.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2007-10-9 15:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 U & Me 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 U & Me 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
如果物价还是这么上涨 真是担忧啊  
看到syd遍地都是亚洲人的面孔  快感觉不到生出国外的气息了

发表于 2007-10-9 21:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 letsgo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 letsgo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
难怪 路上好多新南威尔士  的车牌

发表于 2007-10-9 21:46 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 freeau 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 freeau 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 PAVILION 于 2007-10-9 15:52 发表
如果物价还是这么上涨 真是担忧啊  
看到syd遍地都是亚洲人的面孔  快感觉不到生出国外的气息了

难道亚洲人比鬼佬还有钱?

发表于 2007-10-9 21:53 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 qqyang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 qqyang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 freeau 于 2007-10-9 21:46 发表

难道亚洲人比鬼佬还有钱?

NONO,因为亚洲人有房子牵绊,想走也走不了。

发表于 2007-10-9 22:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 freeau 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 freeau 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 qqyang 于 2007-10-9 21:53 发表

NONO,因为亚洲人有房子牵绊,想走也走不了。

难道亚洲人大多都买房了,鬼佬大多还没买房?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部