新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 小红日记:Mk6 GTI入手感受+1. 车头灯,LED改装 (2015-6-2) alex_xu0320 · 生活只要眼前的“苟且”(一)( 二)(三)更新至 (四) (2017-6-19) ahyu
· 《新华字典》 (2008-7-30) youyuan · 【鼠年大吉】欢欢喜喜迎鼠年——年夜饭!(上齐做法了) (2020-1-25) tracymm
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 3679|回复: 2

不用缝纫机手工改裤脚 [复制链接]

发表于 2012-4-27 00:21 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 madling 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 madling 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我妈妈以前也是这么弄的我到现在都不会,不过改西裤什么的完全看不出来改好不需要缝纫机。

Hemming can be done in a lot of ways, by machine or by hand.
If a garment needs an invisible hem like in woven fabrics, I prefer to hem by hand and to prevent any ridges from the outside I fold the hem edge back about 3/8 inch (1 cm) and work from the right to the left using a fine needle size 11 or 12 depending on the fabric weight. In this example I used Guterman thread and a needle size 11.
The sample pants is just one leg so it is small and can rest in my lap.
The stitches are sewn about 1/4 inch (6 mm) apart and with loose stitches.
I used a yellow thread for better view to show.
The hem allowance I use is a bit more than 1 1/2  inch ( 4 cm) , the hem allowance is marked with chalk and fold down and steam pressed.
For this example I used the same sample which I showed you for the post Fine Men’s Tailoring: pants hemming

For unlined garments I sew an extra stitch every 3th  or 4th  stitch,

Inside view,

Outside view,

Suggestion:
When you want to press the hem again do it from the inside and press only the hem fold edge.  Do not touch the hem edge with your iron to prevent a show true from the right side .
Sometimes it is easier if I keep my garment away from me on the table instead of in my lap so it looks like this.
For hemming this lightweight satin I used a size 12 needle and extra fine thread

Wrong side view:                                                                       Right side view:

For a hem in garments where the lining hem is attached to the fabric hem,  I use a 2 inch (5 cm) deep hem allowance and use the same hem stitch only this time I fold the hem edge back half way so 1 inch (2,5 cm) and use longer stitches  about 3/8 inch (1cm) , there is no need to sew an extra stitch because the hem is secured by the lining hem.
The machine stitch line at the bottom is the attached lining .
啊!呃~~啊!呃~~~
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-27 00:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 qwertyui 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 qwertyui 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2012-4-27 00:35 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 lucky-mama 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lucky-mama 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
谢谢,会了

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部